Forest School EYFS 27th May 2021 Building the Fire Pit



What did you like about Forest School today?


M - I like the fire.


L - I liked building the sticks to a fire.


G - I loved when we under the grass. 


M -Building the home, the fire.


A - When I was running and running and running and running and I was in the tall grass.


B - I like cutting helping make a fire. 


Y - The big tractor.


G - Big tractor with wing that cut the grass and the flowers.


E - The big farmer, the giant farmer.


I like the deer and the spider too.


I like seeing the reindeer.






We loved the buttercups.


We really loved the children's bee dance. They wiggled and wiggled till we found out where the nectar was. 😄






We collected sticks.




We added seats to the fire area.



We couldn't lift the logs so we rolled them.



Rolling, rolling, rolling.


Climbing


We found lots of wood to use.


We discussed the safety rules of the fire area. 





We built a square around where the fire will be. We are not allowed to step inside the safety square.


We used a metre stick to measure the correct distance.








Not long till we can have a real fire.


The children created beautiful pictures of fire when they returned to school. They even included the safety logs.


 

Comments